Highland Elementary Attendance Policy:
In accordance with state law, all children between 6 and 18 years of age must attend school full time until the end of the term, quarter, or semester in which they become 18 years of age, or have graduated from high school.
Our Attendance Policy
- Students should be on campus no later than 8:00 a.m.
- Students must attend school 85% of the school year.
- Three absences excused or unexcused will cause parents to receive a truancy letter.
- Three tardies equal one absence.
- Students with excessive absences will be referred to the School Attendance and Review Team (SART).
The following are considered reasons for excused absences: Personal illness (medical verification may be required); attendance at the funeral of a relative; doctor or dental appointments, however, such appointments should be made when school is not in session. When you return to school after being absent, State Law, Inglewood Unified School District and school rules require students to bring a note from a parent or guardian stating the reason for the absence.
Unexcused absences are those, which may have parental approval, i.e. vacations, emergencies, babysitting, personal reasons, etc. but are not considered as legal excused absence. Average Daily Attendance (A.D.A.) is only provided to the school for every student who is present. The State does not pay for absences excused or unexcused.
Numerous unexcused absences will be referred to the School Attendance Review Board (S.A.R.B.)