Highland Elementary School Frequently Asked Questions
When does the school day begin?
- The arrival gate opens at 7:45 a.m.
- School begins at 8:15 a.m.
- The warning bell rings at 8:10 a.m.
What are the office hours?
When is breakfast served?
- Breakfast is served daily from 7:45 a.m – 8:05 a.m.
When does the school day end?
School ends at:
- 2:00 p.m. for grades K-3
- 2:20 p.m. for grades 4-5
Are students allowed to have cell phones at school?
Yes. According to state laws, students may have cell phones, however, they CANNOT disrupt class. Cell telephones must be turned off and put away during school hours. If a student is caught using his/her cell telephone during school hours, the cell telephone can and will be confiscated by the staff. A parent is the only one who will be allowed to retrieve the student’s cell telephone.
Does this school offer field trips?
Yes, Highland Elementary School offers field trips from IUSD approved field trip list. Students are only able to go with a signed permission slip from his/her parent or guardian.
What is the school uniform policy?
Uniforms are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for all Highland students everyday.
The uniform consists of:
- Navy blue bottoms – slacks, skirts, jumpers, or shorts
- Hunter Grey or Navy Blue Polo Shirts
- Closed toe shoes or athletic shoes (no sandals) and socks.